breitbeil01_grau breitbeil_grau

History of the company

Before 1925

Alois Kern (grandfather of the current holder) accomplishes the transport of timber and also carries on a timber trade business.

1926

Alois and Rosalia Kern leased the sawn mill Haidbauer-Buchegger at the creek of Vorau.


1927


Flood waters destroyed the sawn mill.


1938


The Company specialized in the production of conical squared timber.


1956


Acceptance through Friedrich and Josefa Kern They switched to machine production of conical squared timber and extended the trade of round wood and sawn timber.


1961


The Company relocated to Rohrbach a.L. due to the rail connection for export to Italy and Greece.

1981

The company moved to Pinggau and it was constantly extended by Friedrich and Josefa Kern.


1994


Modification of the company to a GesmbH & Co KG .
Alois Kern, the son, takes over the company.

 


During the last years several extensions and modernisations of the debarking, the measuring and the other wood working machines were done.

 

 
Furthermore, a new cylindrical and a conical round wood plant were installed to extend the portfolio.

 


Nowadays Holzwerk Kern is one of the leading producers of conical squared timber in Europe.